- Be in "Good Standing" with SDYFC & WYFC
- Head Coach applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Assistant Coach applicants must be at least 18 years old and a High School Graduate or hold a G.E.D. Certificate.
- Applicant must complete an SDYFCC coaching application.
- Applicants are subject to interview by Board of Directors in league they are applying to.
- Head Coaches must have a current "live" CPR and First Aid card (Online certification is not allowed).
- Applicants must complete USA Football Online Training Course (Level -1 minimum for new coaches. Returning USA Football online members may complete the Recertification Course or any other Level Course within USA Football) (http://usafootball.com/coaching-education).
- Applicants must complete either the CDC Online Concussion Awareness Training (http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/youth.html) or NFHS Concussion In Sports (https://nfhslearn.com/courses/38000). Both courses are free.
- Applicants must complete 1 live coaches clinic hosted by a Varsity Football staff. [FALL SEASON ONLY - not required for Spring]
- All applicants are will be subject to a background check. All applicants will be required to submit requested information requested by a "background check service' to conduct a local, sex-offenders, and nation-wide criminal history check.
Questions? Please contact us: